Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What is wrong with my 1994 Lincoln Town Car Signature? It has to warm-up to be able to be driven.?

It will stutter at full throttle and has to be cranked several times to start. If you try to drive it before it is warmed up it will stutter and move slowly. It is not empty of gasoline. I have changed almost everything. I have put a new fuel filter and fuel pump. I have changed the engine oil and filter. I have changed the coil pack, the spark plugs, and the wires. I have also changed the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) value and the PCM (Powertrain Control Module).|||You should have ask this long time before you started to put all those components in. If it has to be warmed up before you drive, either the injectors are messed up or your torque converter is in Lockup for some reason, so its acting like the car is in 4th gear and when you step on it, its just flooding the engine out and then you get a stutter. So Im guess if your in park or neutral the engine revs just fine. Also you could have a timing problem but I would think so then it would either smoke or get a little warm you might smell fuel. Might want to get see if your getting a check engine light or just run down to the parts store and see if they will read your car and if it has any transmission codes

No comments:

Post a Comment