Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My 91 Honda civic is giving me an ecu error code?

code 2 (oxygen sensor) code 10 (Intake Air Pressure Sensor) code 12 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Lift Sensor), I just did an engine swap and it was just a regular stock motor (all I could afford), changed pistons, head gasket, timing belt, water pump, oil filter etc... now its puffing a rich white smoke and stuttering to accelerate and idling very high. Can anyone tell me why? I think I need to change the o2 sensor but just need some suggestions....please help.|||code #2 (replace the o2 sensor)

code #10 (check to see if IAT sensor is not plugged in or properly plugged in. if it is replace the sensor)

code #12 (EGR check to see if plugged in and if not replace it)



If you still have the old engine take the IAT sensor and EGR valve from that. Go to HONDA for the o2 even if its a few extra dollars. After market o2's are never right voltage always seems to be off a bit. If still you have the white smoke it will need either rings or valve seals.

I am assuming all the new parts IE pistons are new. Did you bother to have the block machined or atleast the cylinder walls board out. Do you know the history of the engine when you got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment