Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is my car suffering from a faulty EGR, ECT, or Cam sensor?

I ask because I got a diagnostic for my car because it turns off at random stop signs and stop lights, and the diagnostic told me I had faulty EGR, Cam, and ECT sensors.





I know that EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation, and its main purpose is to reroute exhaust gas so that the temperatures in the car won't be so high. I know that Cam is short for Camshaft sensor that that is to tell the computer the position of the cam so it can properly give fuel infections, and the ECT is short for Engine coolant temperature, which tells the car when its too hot for operation.





My question is, if my car turns off after awhile of driving when I come to a stop and will only stay on as long as I keep applying gas, which of these sensors are most crucial to get? IT would be very expensive to buy all of them but I will if I have to.|||Change the ECT, aka coolant temp sensor, depending on what make your car is it controls the fan. Afterwards have the codes cleared and drive the car about 75 miles and recheck the codes. The ECT controls the temp gauge on some cars, others have a seperate sending unit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment