Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ford ranger check engine code P0401 help?

3.0L flex fuel engine. I know this code is an insufficient EGR flow or Exhaust Gas recirculation insufficient but this is the 3rd time this has happened. The first time i replaced the egr and the egr vaccum and that did not fix it then i replaced the DPFE sensor and that fixed it for about 8 months then the check engine light came back on put another new DPFE sensor on it and cleaned hoses and metal that comes out of manifold that fixed it again for about a year now light is back on and same code is there what do i do now? I really wanna be ablw to fix it myself cause its the only thing i have to drive. I can tell this is going to happen before the light comes on cause when you are driving down the road at a steady speed it does it jerking like and it only get worse until you put a new DPFE sensor on it. Any help??|||Unfortunately, the DPFE sensor is the problem. I have one on my car and every year or so, it melts down. Because I'm a mechanic, I just go to the wreckers and pick two or three for replacement purposes. The one thing I did not figure out with my 3.0L was if any thing else was causing the DPFE to burn out (it literally does, uncontrolled exhaust gas going through a sensor). The last one I put in has lasted for over two years, and this was a used sensor!


I forgot to add Dual Pressure Feedback EGR is what that nightmare is called.|||My guess is it is a high mileage vehicle, or at least prone to use a little oil. I think that the DP FE sensor lines are getting clogged. try cleaning them out with some carb cleaner or pushing a fine wire through the small metal tubes to clean them. After that you may want to try stopping the oil burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment