Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Disabling EGR valve on Toyota Hilux Turbo Diesel?

My Hilux has a D4-D engine that is designed for low Sulphur Diesel. In Jamaica, we dont have low sulphur deisel and the excess sulphur turns into suplhuric acid and damages the engine. The concept is that by not reintroducing exhaust gas back into the intake, less sulphur will get to the combustion chamber. The valve doesnt always stay open so running without recirculation shouldnt be a problem. Jamaica has no emmissions testing. Tell me if I'm doin the right thing.|||I am not sure on this but I think there might be some type of catalytic type convertor in the exhaust system that will be damaged by regular sulfur grade. From your exhaust manifold, do a visual check down to the end of the pipe. If you see a muffler type devise before the actual muffler, that may be your concern and I would ask a mechanic if it needs to be removed as emissions are not a standard in your area. If that is the case, it will clog, you will need a replacement pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment