Thursday, November 24, 2011

1997 Toyota Camry CEL - OBDII Code P0401?

1997 Toyota Camry, 4Cyl, ATM, 120K+ miles





My Camry's CEL came on last week. I got a hold of a scanner and found OBDII code P0401: Exhaust Gas Recirculation - Insufficient Flow. Could this mean the valve is bad? How can I check for this? Thanks.|||You need to install an EGR VSV to cure the concern|||unplugg the egr see if rpms change,if so just replace it its a lot easier and less hassel by the way rpms will go higher use a vacume tool to check.i have replaced proably 30 of them on 95 98 camrys valves are doubtful depends on miles if u think valves are dirty just have them cleaned but do not use walnut shells if u need help doing this i will tell u later.unplug vacum hose at master cylinder while car is running with somebody inside operating the throttle nevermind ihave to go ask me later sorry|||its a know problem its going to be the rear charcole canister vsv,trust me this is it

No comments:

Post a Comment